Click an Image to enlarge it
Description: God calls all the baptized to offer their lives in service to others. The Gospel of Matthew, Chapter 25, calls us to loving service to others in the care and feeding of the poor and hungry. Matthew 25 Outreach Ministry (hereinafter referred to as Matthew 25) is a parish ministry to serve both residents and transients, who need assistance, within the St. Lawrence and City of Tampa communities. Matthew 25 will operate with assistance from individuals and organizations contributing both food and monies. The purpose of Matthew 25 is to acquire, store, and distribute food to deal directly with issues of poverty and hunger.
Ministry / Volunteer Activities:
- The 2nd and 4th Sundays of the month are food distribution at the Sandra Tini Outreach Center from 2:00 to 4:00 (with the exception of Mother’s Day).
- Wednesdays prior to the 2nd and 4th Sundays are workdays to stock shelves and fill food bags.
- Other activities include Cereal Saturdays every week and Sandwich Saturdays twice a year.
What to Donate
Food Donations may include:
- Canned goods (corn, green beans, mixed vegetables, fruit, spaghetti sauce, tuna, can beans, can chicken)
- Pantry staples (cereal, peanut butter, 1-lb bag of rice, macaroni & cheese, soup in a bag, instant potatoes in a bag, spaghetti)
- Blessing Bags (homeless emergency food): 4-6 oz pop-top cans of meat, beans or pasta, pudding cups, fruit cups, granola bars, protein bars, snack cracker packs, and juice pouches.
How to Donate
- Non-perishable food donations may be placed in Matthew 25 food bins in the rear of the church.
- NO glass containers or clothing can be accepted.
- Monetary donations can be placed in collection basket and made out to St. Lawrence Church for Matthew 25
How to Get Involved
Please sign up for Matthew 25 – here’s how it works in 3 easy steps:
- SignUp Link – Click here to sign up
- Enter your email address: (You will need to register your email address)
- Sign up! Choose your spots – SignUp will send you a confirmation and reminders. Easy!
Please email Teri Orr (volunteer coordinator) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: If you prefer not to use your email address or do not have access to a computer, please call Terri Orr (Volunteer Coordinator) at the Parish Office 813.875.4040 and she will sign you up manually.